Real Talk Real Sex is a sex positive workshop series that was created in the Fall of 2014. The goal of these workshops is to delve more into sex and sexuality from a lens that “embraces sexuality with few limits beyond an emphasis on safe sex and the importance of consent.” Topic areas range from pleasure, desire, BDSM, sex & religion, sex and the LGBT population, and foreplay. Even the styles of the collaborative workshops span from a basic lecture to panels and hands on discussions with large audiences up to 130. Post test evaluations have shown that the students greatly enjoy the programs and feel that these offerings are filling need.
Marketing of the programs are online (social media channels, e-mail), print (flyers, posters, and handbills), and Student Cinema Slide Show.
- Student Cinema Slide = average attendance of 2,000 students per week. Slide submitted 2 weeks prior to event
- Print = 300 posters posted in residence halls (one per floor), handbills passed out during high traffic times and at other health promotion events, flyers posted on various locations on campus in major traffic areas and distributed on Healthy Campus listservs, via faculty with sexual health/sexuality teaching areas, and social media pages
- Social Media = Various specific graphics outside of the flyer are created and posted once a day on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Snapchat during the week leading up to the event
- The Anatomy of Sex: 98% agreed the program should be done again, 96% were overall satisfied with the program, 98% learned something new that day, overall learning objectives were exceeded. Total attendance = 130
- 50 Shades of Noles: 100% agreed the program should be done again, 95% were overall satisfied with the program, 95% learned something new that day, overall learning objectives were exceeded. Total attendance = 53
Here are examples of my work in creating the marketing materials (I also designed the overall RTRS logo):